Pregnancy massage works like any other classic massage therapy, however the techniques and methods used are tailored specifically for a mum-to-be. The Mum’s shape and size are taken in to consideration, together with the pressure of the massage itself. Pillows and bolsters are used to make Mum as comfortable as possible to promote relaxation throughout the therapy. It is suitable for Mum’s who are 16 weeks + pregnant as having massage in early pregnancy is not advisable.
Z Free (Telford) “Amazing Pregnancy Massage……. Janine is lovely and friendly, made me feel completely at ease. Have recommended over and over :-)”
A full body pregnancy massage lasts for approximately 60 minutes and is performed on a treatment couch (or chair if more comfortable) with the aid of bolsters and cushions. Towels are used throughout the treatment to ensure modesty. A back, neck and shoulder massage is also available and lasts approximately 30 minutes.
This treatment helps to:
- Relieve swollen, bloated legs and improve circulation
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage aiding removal of waste products
- Maintain skin suppleness and elasticity, especially important during pregnancy
- Lower back strain common in pregnancy
- Relieve stress and tension
- Achieve a feeling of deep relaxation and contentment
- Release endorphins, the body’s feel good hormones (which can also provide pain relief)
- Increase energy levels
- Improve circulation
- Create a general sense of well-being
- Stimulate the immune system
Full body pregnancy massage £44
(Allow 80 minutes for the initial treatment including consultation. The massage will last for 55 minutes)
Back neck and shoulder pregnancy massage £24
(Allow 40 minutes for the initial treatment including consultation. The massage will last for 25 minutes)
If you would like to purchase treatment vouchers for a loved one or friend please click here
To book by telephone or email please please follow this link for contact details.