Based on the holistic principles of Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine, Thai herbalism is an ancient tradition still practiced today with the Thai hot herbal compress body massage being a deeply relaxing and aromatic massage.
Medicinal herbs are blended, wrapped and tied in ‘dumplings’ made from unbleached cotton which are then steamed to release their healing and revitalising oils. The warm dumplings are kneaded, rolled and massaged in to the body with the warm heat and oils radiating through the tissues and then absorbed in to the body. Each client has their own set of dumplings, and they are used only once. After the massage they can be taken away to use as exfoliaters in the shower.
“SJ Whittaker (Telford) Highly professional treatments in a welcoming and comfortable environment, from a warm and caring person. I have some complex health issues which my regular aromatherapy hot stone massage really helps. Plus, after, I float out, feeling soooo much better afterwards. I can’t recommend Janine at Light Harmony Holistic Therapy highly enough!.”
- Turmeric – for healing, circulatory and digestive problems
- Lemongrass – Invigorating and uplifting
- Galangal – Antiseptic and skin toning
- Ginger – Stimulating and heating
- Eucalyptus – Antiseptic and refreshing
- Camphor – Stimulating
A full body thai herbal compress massage lasts for approximately 55- 60 minutes and is performed on a treatment couch. Towels are used throughout the treatment to ensure modesty.
This treatment helps to:
- Relieve stress and tension
- Softens and nourishes the skin
- Restores the body’s natural energy flow
- Achieve a feeling of deep relaxation and contentment
- Release endorphins, the body’s feel good hormones (which can also provide pain relief)
- Increase energy levels
- Improve circulation
- Create a general sense of well-being
- Stimulate the immune system
- Deeply moisturise, rejuvenate and exfoliate the skin
Thai hot herbal compress massage – back £25
(Allow 40 minutes for the initial treatment including consultation. The massage will last for 25 minutes)
Full body Thai hot herbal compress massage £45
(Allow 80 minutes for the initial treatment including consultation. The massage will last for 55 minutes)
If you would like to purchase treatment vouchers for a loved one or friend please click here
To book by telephone please follow this link for contact details.